“Dead Uncles and Vegetables"
Season 2, Episode 17
Original airing: April 16, 2002
My Rating: 78
- I love when the show takes to time to really focus on Luke. He's such a great character and his arc in this episode was great.
- It's nice that the show makes a place for all kinds of different characters and shows the distinction between grumps when are selfish and grumps who still care about others.
- Lorelai's old fashioned diner slang was a definite highlight for me.
- The Taylor/hippy subplot was one of the most entertaining things I've seen on the show. I really loved both performances, especially how the hippy's laid-back attitude was just the thing to really push uptight Taylor over the edge.
- The idea of Rory making sure Jess helped out was good, but the execution wasn't perfect.
Lorelai lists Luke's many good deeds at Louie's funeral
The Bottom Line:
This episode is technically a kind of filler in that it doesn't move any of the major arcs of the season forward, but it's so enjoyable to watch that I'd never recommend skipping it.