“There's the Rub"
Season 2, Episode 16
Original airing: February 26, 2002
My Rating: 64
- This episode moved a lot of plots forward from Luke's remodeling to Paris and Rory becoming "friendish" to the Jess/Rory/Dean triangle finally having a more explosive moment.
- Jess and Paris debating books was a great moment, and they were each used perfectly throughout the episode.
- Emily and Lorelai finally having a frank discussion about their relationship was really interesting the watch.
- The spa scenes were a little boring and didn't feel connected to the rest of the Lorelai/Emily plot.
- Dean, Dean, Dean. I don't know what else to say.
Paris, Madeline and Louise’s Abbott and Costello routine: "She wants to study." "On a friday night? But we have dates."
The Bottom Line:
This episode is a little lacking in humor but it does some good work to move several plot lines forward.