Thursday, October 12, 2017

Podcast #126 - S6E6 - Welcome to the Dollhouse

Hello! Welcome to Return to Stars Hollow - a spoiler-free, retrospective podcast about Gilmore Girls! This is the podcast for Season 6, Episode 6 - Welcome to the Dollhouse.


You can direct download the episode here: S6E6 Podcast
You can also follow our RSS Feed, or subscribe to us on iTunesStitcher, or Google Play Music.

Comment on this post to leave your feedback for the next podcast!
You can also send feedback and voice clips to returntostarshollow@yahoo.com.
Or you can tweet us at SeriouslySwatch (Cordia) or CelesteFohl!

The next podcast will post on Thursday, October 19, 2017 for Season 6, Episode 7 - Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number.

1 comment:

  1. So first things first I've been wanting to get on and comment here for the last three episodes, and I keep forgetting to. But I guess I'm the only one who thought that OBVIOUSLY the Richard/Lorelai insurance thing was weird and shady because Richard's company DIDN'T insure the Dragonfly? I thought it was very transparently telegraphed that Richard was insuring the Dragonfly privately on his own. It's not the sort of business his company insures, they don't have any paperwork showing the insurance, Lorelai can't talk to anyone other than Richard about it ... I mean ... right? I will admit I did think by now that we would have had confirmation of this being the case, so maybe I''m wrong.

    I've also been wanting to comment that one thing I've been really finding interesting throughout this whole Lorelai/Rory estrangement is how Lorelai's stories have moved on. After the first few episodes of her sadness, getting Paul Anka, etc. her stories have become stories. Stories about her living her life. Getting on with her relationship with Luke, attending town events, etc. Rory on the other hand, although she doesn't talk about Lorelai much either (although possibly more than the reverse?), her stories are quagmired in what is going on with her. Every scene, every interaction, every story line is immersed in this crisis and this estrangement.

    I think a couple things about this. 1) I think that's a product of the ages of the protagonists. As devastated and crushed as Lorelai is, she's an adult, she has a lot more things going on in her life, so it's easier for her to move on. 2) Lorelai has a lot of practice at putting difficult things out of her mind and enjoying her life anyway. I feel like this is a little peek into how Lorelai probably handled her separation and estrangement from her parents. No matter how desired her separation, it had to have caused her psychic pain. But she knows how to compartmentalize, find the joy in life, and soldier on.

    ReplyDelete