“It Should've Been Lorelai"
Season 2, Episode 14
Original airing: February 12, 2002
My Rating: 64
- The introduction of Sherry is strong. The character appears fully formed and unlike some characters (*cough*Dean*cough*), she is entirely consistent with with how others describe her.
- The Lane plot is fun. I especially enjoyed Michel's part, of course.
- Lorelai coming to a major realization about herself is interesting and I like Christopher standing up for himself when she thoughtlessly tells him she's sabotaged her other relationships because she was waiting for him.
- The return of Brad was great.
- Rory summarizing her date with Sherry felt like lazy writing. If they had shown us Sherry's motivations instead of telling us, she would have felt like a more three diminutional character.
- It's a little unclear why Christopher is so oblivious to Sherry's awkwardness. It seams like news to him that the kitchen conversation was strange, but he noticed Lorelai making the "Leonard call" so why doesn't he notice what a bad first impression Sherry's making?
Richard goes on and on about gruesome motorcycle accidents while Emily stares daggers at Lorelai
The Bottom Line:
There's nothing particularly bad about this episode, but I didn't love it either. It felt very middle of the road to me.