Season 2, Episode 6
Original airing: November 6, 2001
My Rating: 66
- It's great to see more from Christopher. In just two episodes, we've gotten a great sense of his character, his history, and his relationship with Lorelai
- Jared Padalecki has improved at delivering laugh lines lately and expressions lately. His reaction to the debutante saying, "you are totally getting married," was perfection.
- The humor here is mostly on point, especially all of Lorelai's jokes about being a lady.
- Dean complaining about doing something is a trope that has been worn out long ago and was never very interesting to begin with. Now is the moment he has the most right to complain, and yet I have no sympathy for him because he complains about every Rory ever asks him to do.
- The end felt slightly off to me. What Lorelai says about Emily not having someone to talk to doesn't really feel like the right takeaway from the Emily/Richard plot. Not only that, but it's not true that Lorelai can talk to Rory about anything, as evidenced by the fact that she just kissed Christopher before finding out he's in a serious relationship. That's what's surely other mind, and yet she can't talk about it. In light of this misstep, final gardening scene fell flat for me.
Lorelai and Christopher dancing at Miss Patty's. Their chemistry is just great in this scene.
The Bottom Line:
A perfectly good episode, but nothing extraordinary.