Thursday, March 15, 2018

Podcast #139 - S6E19 - I Get a Sidekick Out of You

Hello! Welcome to Return to Stars Hollow - a spoiler-free, retrospective podcast about Gilmore Girls! This is the podcast for Season 6, Episode 19 - I Get a Sidekick Out of You.


You can direct download the episode here: S6E19 Podcast
You can also follow our RSS Feed, or subscribe to us on iTunesStitcher, or Google Play Music.

Comment on this post to leave your feedback for the next podcast!
You can also send feedback and voice clips to returntostarshollow@yahoo.com.
Or you can tweet us at SeriouslySwatch (Cordia) or CelesteFohl!

The next podcast will post on March 23, 2018 for S6E20 - Super Cool Party People.

1 comment:

  1. Hooooooo boy.

    Okay first things first I have comments about Lane and I got behind on listening and watching so I’m late to the Lane conversation but here it is anyway.

    So to comment on the what does Lane see in Zach and why is she with him and it being lazy writing going for him when we lose Dave. Ok so I agree it is lazy writing BUT Lane getting a crazy crush on Zach always made perfect sense to me. She is an extremely sheltered girl who is not just in a small town but is a minority in a small town. Her mom keeps her away from boys generally and since everyone else in the whole town is white it’s easy to believe shes experienced a lot of racism or fetishization surrounding her looks. She’s got to be extremely inexperienced and possibly insecure. It reminds me of me when I was 13 and any boy that I was around at all I just had a crush on. She’s around him, she gets a crush on him, it seems natural considering her. Then he’s into her too and she’s all in. And then the getting married thing and saying yes right away? I mean ... come on of course she did. She’s waiting for marriage to have sex. Sooooo yeah.

    Ok onto April’s mom. First of all it’s funny because when Lorela suggested the sleepover my first thought was uhhh are these girls moms going to be aware of the fact that Luke is a single dad and allegedly alone with them? It’s jusr a complex situation for a lot of people, and a risky situation for Luke really. So I thought it was funny that April’s mom went the other way with it. But honestly I totally get it. Though I think they cheated a bit by the way they wrote her dialogue making it seem like she was mad about the party part - which is unreasonable - when who is in the room with them overnight and that being clearly communicated is much more reasonable.

    Also great job on calling the reason Luke was keeping April away from Lorelai. Is he 5? I did find him pretty darn charming in this episode.

    ReplyDelete